5 Benefits of konjac jelly snacks*
Updated: May 10, 2022
Recently I was surfing internet, looking for perfect snacks during the day. Generally I prefer no breakfast, or very easy and light one, for lunch I cook the salad and for dinner meat and veggies. But during the day, regularly I am feeling the hunger at the post-lunch gap, I am constantly craving some snacks - it can be chocolate bars, cookies etc. And this made me upset. I wanted to keep it healthy between meals as well.
So I've started my research of healthy snacks, walked around vitamins stores in NYC, groceries, watched some food bloggers and found konjac jelly snacks - Innerset Konjac Jelly snacks with Vitamin C and Collagen.
It seemed pretty interesting for me, because of several reasons. First of all, I was curious to try the jelly texture, it is pretty fun! Feels like eating the baby-food. Actually if you are not familiar with the jelly food, for best experience - keep it in the fridge! I took three different flavors - Grapes, Apple, Peach, all are cool, but my favorite is the Apple one!
It consist a glucommannan, which is made from konjac - herb, which is growing in Asia, the Chinese medicine plant.
Konjac is used as a gelatin substitute and to thicken or add texture to foods. It’s also used in traditional Chinese medicine. In the Western world, konjac is best known as a dietary supplement for weight loss and cholesterol management.
Than I've collected an information about the konjac jelly drink potential benefits:
1. Loosing the weight. Glucomannan from the konjac helps loosing the weight. Fiber is filling. Eating it regularly helps keep you fuller longer, so it is a great substitution of the snack during the day.
2. Lowering the cholesterol. The high fiber content of konjac helps lower cholesterol and blood glucose levels. Researchers concluded that glucomannan could be an adjuvant therapy for people with diabetes and high cholesterol.
3. Improving the skin. According to a 2013 study, konjac can reduce acne and improve the health of skin. Collagen improve elasticity of the skin and joints.
4. Improves immune system. Vitamin C optimize immune system.
5. Increasing the metabolism. It increases energy levels and boost metabolism. This is a great option for those looking to increase exercise or help with weight loss.
Happy I've found this snack, with pleasure incorporating new healthy ingredients, which benefit my health and support my wellbeing.